Saturday, June 26, 2010

Saturday

Tonight we saw the Eric Reed/Cyrus Chestnut quartet @ Dizzy's. That's Eric Reed in the picture with me. Eric Reed and Cyrus Chestnut are both great piano players and they were backed by Dezron Douglas on double bass and Willie Jones III on drums. Eric asked for a request near the end of the gig and people were yelling out stuff and he couldn't hear anybody. I put my hand up and he pointed to me and I asked for Green Chimney's by Thelonius Monk. They played it.....he came up after the gig asking "where's the brother who asked for Green Chimney's?!" and then shook my hand and gave me a hug. Had a quick chat to him and got a photo etc. Super nice guy.

During the day we spent most of our time in Soho and did some shopping. It's probably one of the best places you could ever go for shopping. Massive range of shop's/markets and some good prices.

That's all for now.....bedtime.

cheers,

shane.

No comments:

Post a Comment